“Our Dolphin Project Team and I are returning to Taiji once again to oppose the killing of hundreds of dolphins and to warn the people of Japan about the dangers of eating mercury-contaminated dolphin meat.
I’ve been coming to Taiji since 2003, when we first got the idea for our campaign to Save Japan Dolphins with the Earth Island Institute. I’m arriving for this trip on September 1, the official start of the dolphin slaughter season, with more than 25 activists from five continents, who are spending their own time and money to join me. It is that kind of dedication that will see an end to these terrible hunts.
The hunts must end, and the people of Japan will be the ones to end the hunts.”
We have made some progress. The number of dolphins being killed in Taiji has gone down for the past four years of our Save Japan Dolphins Campaign. Take a look at the figures:
In the 2008-2009 season, 1,484 dolphins died.
In the 2009-2010 season, 1,336 dolphins died.
The 2010-2011 season saw 1,190 dolphins die.
Last season (2011-2012), we estimate less than 800 died.
Read the full article.
- euforiarvensis reblogged this from fuckyeahcompassion
- lovewontstopthisbob-omb reblogged this from 100leaguesunderthesea
- readysetsunshine reblogged this from thelovelyseas
- allboutnothing likes this
- captainsv likes this
- caong likes this
- mollygoodwoman likes this
- alltimefgts reblogged this from 100leaguesunderthesea
- accioharo likes this
- lonelygif reblogged this from 100leaguesunderthesea
- crystaliiizedrose likes this
- teenyveegan reblogged this from voiceoftheocean
- cosmicebb likes this
- dogsarethekeytomyheart reblogged this from thelovelyseas
- beautefantasy reblogged this from fuckyeahcompassion
- wishhopedream reblogged this from thelovelyseas
- fuckyeahcompassion reblogged this from axelaustteam
- everlarkdandelions likes this
- likepoetryenchanted likes this
- axelaustteam reblogged this from voiceoftheocean
- kotomi-chaan reblogged this from oceanaware
- soleilalae reblogged this from oceanaware
- soleilalae likes this
- oceanaware reblogged this from voiceoftheocean
- voiceoftheocean posted this